Carmanah: SpeedCheck® Advisory Speed Sign
15- and 18-inch intelligent radar-enabled advisory speed signs to alert drivers of an advised speed for a potential road hazard or condition.
- Most recognized radar speed sign in the industry for 20+ years
- Compact, lightweight design to simplify installation
- Proven technology platform with lowest power consumption on the market
- Meets and exceeds MUTCD requirements
Three advisory alerts options include:
- STATIC SPEED + FLASHING DIGITS: The digital sign can display a static and preset advised speed at all times. With the radar-enabled feature, the display flashes the digits when drivers exceed the advised speed—the higher the speed, the faster it flashes.
- STATIC SPEED + SLOW DOWN MESSAGE: The sign continuously displays the advised speed until a driver exceeds the preset limit. The display then alternates flashing the advised speed with a “slow down” message in 6-inch digits.
- BLANK SPEED ADVISORY + SLOW DOWN MESSAGE: When no advisory speed has been established, a “slow down” alert message can boost the effectiveness of standard warning signs. Drivers approaching at a safe speed see only the static warning sign, but those driving too quickly will trigger the “slow down” message, which flashes at a quicker rate the faster they speed.
Reduce Road Departures And Improve Driver Safety On Rural Roads And Exit Ramps With Intelligent Warning Displays
Advise drivers if they are traveling too fast when they approach dangerous curves, exits, ramps, pedestrian crossings, or other potential road hazards. The versatile SpeedCheck® Advisory Speed Sign allows for several alert options and can pair with existing static warning signs or flashing beacons.
Available in 15- and 18-inch models, these digital advisory speed signs mount below standard yellow warning signs and use the popular and robust SpeedCheck radar display and system enclosure. Our SpeedCheck products are a proven and effective traffic calming tool to reduce driver speeds in school zones, rural roads, highways, and more.