Carmanah: SC315-G Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon
MUTCD-compliant, pedestrian-activated warning beacon for uncontrolled marked crosswalks
- Improve pedestrian safety by increasing driver yield rates
- Passive activation: microwave-based sensor detects pedestrian
- Audible push button station
- Solar power performance even in partially shaded applications
- Solar and AC-powered models wirelessly communicate and can be used together in the same application
- Meets and exceeds MUTCD requirements, including IA-21
Top 3 reasons to choose the SC315-G RRFB:
- Multiple solar panel and battery options allow for high performance, even in shaded locations.
- Solar- and AC-powered versions available to provide a viable solution in any location.
- Both solar and AC power options support passive activation sensors and audible pushbutton stations to increase user accessibility.
Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon: A Versatile Solar Or AC Crosswalk Solution
Keep pedestrians safe. The Carmanah SC315-G Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon (RRFB) includes various solar panel and battery options or an AC connection to help improve yield compliance at uncontrolled crossings, even in shaded locations or where daily activations are high. This pedestrian-activated flashing beacon uses an irregular flash pattern to help pedestrians and cyclists be seen in any weather and any setting, whether day or night. Options include a microwave-based passive activation sensor to detect pedestrians and audible pushbutton support to improve accessibility. The SC315-G is built to last: durable and dependable, this product comes with a 5-year warranty for peace of mind.
As outlined in the Federal Highway Administration’s Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices, the RRFB has interim approval, as described in IA-21, across the United States, as well as other regions including Canada and overseas.