Carmanah: R829-F School Zone Flashing Beacon
Schedule-based, solar school zone flashing beacon
- Decreases vehicle speeds by five to seven miles per hour in school zones
- Industry-leading high-intensity light output
- Compact, lightweight design to simplify installation
- Simple, software-based calendar program or programmable time clock operation
- Proven technology platform
- Meets and exceeds MUTCD requirements
Top 3 reasons to choose the R829-F School Zone Flashing Beacon:
- 30-watt solar engine supports up to 4 higher intensity beacons and third-party devices.
- Easy to mount or retrofit onto a range of square and round poles.
- Prewired for Carmanah’s calendar software and customizable with third-party calendars.
SRTS-Approved School Zone Flashing Beacon Supports Multiple Options
Improve walkability, even in challenging locations. Add this self-contained, 30-watt flashing beacon to existing school speed limit signage: non-specialized school maintenance crews can complete the installation quickly and easily. Using Carmanah calendar software, these beacons can be preprogrammed with up to 500 days of operating hours customized to an individual school zone. With its larger solar engine, this system can also support higher intensity LEDs, remote monitoring, and third-party devices. Solar-powered beacons minimize both installation and long-term operating costs, while remote programming decreases on-site maintenance requirements. It’s also built to last: durable and dependable, this product comes with a 5-year warranty for peace of mind.
School zone flashing beacons fit within Safe Routes to School infrastructure funding models, complete streets plans, and state-specific grants for school zone safety improvements.