Carmanah: R829-E School Zone Flashing Beacon
Schedule-based, solar school zone flashing beacon
- Decreases vehicle speeds by five to seven miles per hour in school zones
- Industry-leading high-intensity light output
- Compact design to simplify installation
- Simple, software-based calendar program
- Proven technology platform
- Meets and exceeds MUTCD requirements
Top 3 reasons to choose our R829-E school zone flashing beacon:
- Compact, 13-watt solar engine makes installation fast and easy with minimal traffic disruptions.
- Easy to mount or retrofit onto a range of square and round poles.
- Prewired with Carmanah’s calendar software and can be preprogrammed with up to 500 days of operation according to the peak traffic times of individual school zones.
Encourage Walkability With Safer School Zones
Reduce vehicle speeds in school zones. Non-specialized school maintenance crews can add this compact, 13-watt flashing beacon to existing school speed limit signage, making installation fast and simple. With no grid connections required, the beacons reduce both installation and long-term operating costs. The battery, energy management system, and solar panel are contained in one unit, making this a self-contained solution. It’s also built to last: durable and dependable, this product comes with a 5-year warranty for peace of mind.
School zone flashing beacons fit within Safe Routes to School infrastructure funding models, complete streets plans, and state-specific grants for school zone safety improvements.