Carmanah: R820-G Solar Crosswalk Flashing Beacon
MUTCD-compliant, pedestrian-activated warning beacon for uncontrolled marked crosswalks
- Improve pedestrian safety by increasing driver yield rates
- Passive activation: microwave-based sensor detects pedestrian
- Audible push button station
- Solar power performance even in partially shaded applications
- Solar and AC-powered models wirelessly communicate and can be used together in the same application
- Ultra-efficient optics and Energy Management System (EMS) enable it to meet and exceed MUTCD light intensity requirements
Top 3 reasons to choose the R820-G Solar Crosswalk Flashing Beacon:
- Multiple battery and solar panel options allow for high performance, even in shaded locations or where activations per day are high.
- Solar- and AC-powered versions available with support for up to four beacons.
- Both solar and AC power options support passive activation sensors and audible pushbutton stations to increase user accessibility.
Circular Beacon A Versatile Solar Or AC Crosswalk Solution
Even in the shade, pedestrians can cross safely. The Carmanah R820-G Solar Crosswalk Flashing Beacon includes multiple solar panel and battery options or an AC connection to help improve compliance at uncontrolled crossings with heavy traffic or heavy shading. This user-activated circular flashing beacon helps pedestrians and cyclists be seen in any weather and any setting, whether day or night. Options include a microwave-based passive activation sensor to detect pedestrians and audible pushbutton support to improve accessibility.
Circular beacons are approved in the Federal Highway Administration’s Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD).