Alpha: Bypass Switch with Interlock
- Simple, safe and reliable means for bypassing UPS while maintaining continuity of power to critical AC loads
- Electrical interlock (with lock out) prevents accidental operation with non synchronized input and output; protecting downstream equipment
- Padlock safety feature to lock the switch in bypass mode during UPS service
- Electromechanical manual override feature, with key switch for emergency situations
- Auxiliary contacts for remote monitoring
- Seamless integration with Alpha AMPS HP2 systems
The external Maintenance Bypass switch allows you to manually transfer your connected equipment to utility power permitting scheduled maintenance, or complete UPS replacement, without power disruption. The switch has two modes of operation, UPS mode and Bypass (maintenance bypass mode). During the UPS mode, the power is being routed through the UPS system. During the bypass mode of operation, power is routed around (bypassing) the UPS system with power being supplied to the connected load through the Maintenance Bypass switch. The system incorporates dry contact monitoring of AMPS HP2 internal maintenance bypass switch with electrical interlock and prevents Maintenance Bypass switch activation if the internal AMPS HP2 maintenance bypass switch is not in bypass position. This provides exceptional load protection in the event of an unintentional transfer.